Thursday 28 July 2011

My wiggle dress

Once upon a time, in the late fifties, there used to be offices downtown with beautiful secretaries in wiggle dresses. They would type and type the whole day while their male bosses discussed very important matters on the phone. In the old days, secretaries were not as competitive as executive secretaries nowadays, but they had an asset: The wiggle dress.

Made to make the woman look curvy, the wiggle dress was born in the late fifties and worn during the early sixties, until the “A” shaped silhouette and the mini skirt turned up in the fashion history.

Of course we all have in mind the actress Christina Hendricks and her gorgeous wiggle dresses in “Mad Men”.










Well, early this year, I had a kind of obsession with this type of dress, and fortunately I found one in my size in the vintage store “AlmaZenArte”, in San Telmo neighborhood, in Buenos Aires. In San Telmo everything is vintage, I will post some photos some day for you to see. 



 


Made with beautiful pink broderie, this dress makes me feel as a real secretary from the fifties, not as curvy and cute as Christina, but it does not matter…I live my own dream…

I hope you have liked the post. See you soon!!!

xoxo, Mariana

No comments: