Monday 25 July 2011

Two lovely vintage bags

Hi! I will do my best to upload some posts during this week, so that  you can have something to read if you happen to find this blog in the net. It´s not nice to have an empty blog, but this is what happens at the very beginning. I hope I will feel encouraged enough to post more and more!

I´ve had another blog in Spanish for over a year (Sensación Vintage), and early this year a lovely reader contacted me to tell me that she had two beautiful vintage purses to sell. She sent some photos and I was delighted: one of the bags was clearly from the late '30s/ early '40´s, and the other one could be from the late '40s or '50s:

This is the first one.




The craftwork is just beautiful...




The gold hardware is really stunning...



The inside of the bag is in perfect condition, and it has a little purse to carry coins.




These bags belonged to an Argentine piano player who passed away last year (she was 90 something), and she was fond of attending concerts. I suppose she carried these bags with her in very few ocassions, as the bags have no damages at all.








"Made in Argentina".



I bought both bags, of course, it was a great opportunity. Up to now, I have worn the second bag to a wedding party. It looked terrific with my blue gown and silver heels.

When you want to start wearing vintage and you don't know what the clues are, you can begin by wearing a vintage bag: it´s not a huge risk and it´s something that will not make you feel or look weird. Take into account that vintage bags are generally too small to carry many things, except very iconic bags like the Speedy by Louis Vuitton or the wonderful Kelly and Birkin by Hermès.

I hope you have enjoyed the post, see you soon!

xoxo, Mariana 

No comments: